THE QUICKSTART GUIDE TO LAUNCHING A WORDPRESS WEBSITE WITH A CHILD THEME
SET UP HOSTING
Your first step is to find a reliable company that you would like to host your website. We love and recommend SiteGround. We’ve worked with lots of web hosts and SiteGround is the best of the best — great support, affordable prices, and their servers are FAST (so your website will be too!)
1. Visit SiteGround.com.
2. SiteGround offers a few different WordPress hosting plans. If you’re just starting out, the StartUp plan is plenty (and you can always upgrade later!). Click Get Plan.
3. On the next page, type in the domain name you would like to use and choose a domain extension. We recommend a .com domain extension since it is the most common and recognizable, but .net will work in a pinch if your chosen domain isn’t available for .com!
If you have a domain that you registered elsewhere, you can select “I already have a domain” and type in your existing domain.
4. SiteGround will check to make sure the domain name you’ve chosen is available. If it is, you’ll move on to the account information page. Enter your account details and payment information.
Toward the bottom of the page, under “Extra Services” — we HIGHLY recommend Domain Privacy. Without Domain Privacy, your contact information (including mailing address) will be publicly available online.
5. Once you have completed the signup process, you’ll see a confirmation page:
6. Click Proceed to Customer Area and log into your SiteGround account.
7. Before you can begin using your website, go to your email and verify your domain.
Now that you have a domain and you’ve signed up for hosting, it’s time to set up your website! SiteGround makes this very simple.
1. After logging into SiteGround, click on the Websites tab at the top of the page.
2. You should see a page that looks like this:
3. Click Select under “Start New Website.”
4. Click Select under “WordPress.”
5. Add your email address and password, which will be the login information you’ll use to log into your WordPress dashboard. Click Continue.
6. On the last page, click Finish to complete the setup process. You’re all set! WordPress is now installed on your domain.
CHOOSE A WEBSITE
If your brand styling is modern or minimalist, bright white or bright colors, we have a WordPress theme designed just for you. Each of our website templates for WordPress is designed strategically to work for you – in every way possible.
As soon as you purchase a theme from us (along with the Genesis Framework), we’ll send you an email with a download link to the theme.
We have created an extensive theme documentation t portal for you to use while installing and customizing your site.
Once your site is ready to go, it’s time to lanuch. So grab your favorite bottle of wine and celebrate!
Feel a Little Overwhelmed?
If you need help installing your theme or making some customizations to the design, we can help! In just a few days, we can install your theme for you or transform your purchased theme into your very own personalized website.
PREMIUM THEME PACKAGE